Should you put your home on the market in the fall? I believe you should, and today I will give you five reasons why.
1. We can sell your home faster. The MLS is reporting that our market time is down 20.6%.
2. There are buyers that are being transferred into our marketplace. At this time of the year, many people are transferring to our area for jobs. These people make for fabulous buyers, because they come pre-qualified and ready to purchase. Many fly in for a weekend and fly back with a new contract.
3. Much of your competition comes off the market at this time. This, of course, creates lower supply and still leaves a strong demand for your home. It is a great chance to let your home take center stage.
4. Many buyers like to close out their transaction in the current year for tax purposes. This means that there is a little more pressure to get the transaction completed before the start of the new year.
5. Interest rates are still low. This increases affordability for buyers and helps sellers list at higher prices.
All of these are excellent reasons for you to consider selling this fall. If you want to speak more about this, or if you have any additional questions about buying or selling, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to speaking with you soon.